Have you ever found an easy way to do something, then watched in bafflement as people insist on doing it the hard way?
Wrong fans will never make you any money on Facebook, And the best way to get the right Facebook fans for your business is with Facebook ads.
However, there are two main obstacles to people using Facebook Advertising:
- Lots of companies don’t have a budget for Facebook ads.
- Most people don’t know how to create affordable Facebook ads.
Why It’s Foolish to cut Budget For Facebook Ads.
The only reason barely acceptable is…you have NO budget at all!
But remember, companies who’ve been through recessions and survived have seen their competitors flounder and go out of business after stopping their advertising to save money.
So, should you spend some of your AdWords money on Facebook? You better. But first let’s see the priorities for businesses.
Prioritizing Your web Marketing Efforts
1) AdWords for the highest ROI keywords.
Once you’ve established what keywords you can get a good ROI on, spend the rest of your budget on the lower priorities.
2) SEO to get long term traffic on keywords you can rank for.
Once your site reaches a point where it has all the ranking for competitive terms concentrate on blogging. And move on to Facebook.
3) Facebook Marketing and Advertising.
Facebook now gets more page views than Google. You can capture a targeted audience and, like an email list, market to them repeatedly.
4) Twitter Networking for PR and Opportunities
Twitter gets only 5% the reach of Facebook, but it’s great for networking, reaching bloggers and journalists, and B2B marketing.
Free Facebook Fans Suck
Don’t go to Facebook just because you don’t have a budget for AdWords. It really sucks to try to get fans the free route.
▪ Yes, you can get 50 of your friends to fan your page, but that’s probably not your target market.
▪ Yes you can run contests, but these fans will all be cheap – as in, they want free or low cost stuff. They’ll discount you to death, and you don’t really want that.
▪ Yes you can buy cheap fan services out there, but keep in mind that you most likely end up with a lot of fans are from countries you don’t serve, or even worse They may even be fake profiles, which means they won’t interact with you at all.
How To Get Good, Cheap Fans Who May Actually Buy From You.
If you haven’t been into the Facebook Advertising interface, here’s the incredible targeting choices you have:
▪ Relationship Status
▪ Sexual gender preference
▪ Interest targeting
▪ Page targeting
There’s still a big question about whether Facebook marketing leads to sales. There’s s good number of case history which support this statement, but it will absolutely NOT work if you have the wrong fans. So it’s worth it to pay for fans if that means you get real prospects into your Facebook Marketing sequence.
How to Do Facebook Advertising Affordable
Here are some of the biggest mistakes people are making with Facebook ads, which drives up the cost and keeps you from finding cheap, targeted fans:
▪ Not testing enough ads
Sound familiar? You need to test many Facebook ads to find one or two that are cheap.
▪ Targeting too many interests with the same ad.
In AdWords we group keywords tightly and make the ad fit them – same deal with Facebook Ads.
▪ Using the wrong bidding model
If you use CPC when you should be using CPM, your cost can be 25 times higher.
▪ Bad Pictures
Remember, this is FACEbook. If you’re not testing faces, think about it.
▪ Long Copy
Assume you’ll get 3 seconds of the ad viewer’s time – less than AdWords. Make it snappy.
▪ Trying to Do Too Much
With the ad, just get the like or the click. Break your sales process into more pieces to ensure you get a higher conversion rate on the current action (which is a click or a like).
If you fix those six things, you’ll be ahead of the curve.
If you want to learn more, please check out this F.A.S.T. video.
One more thing: not every business is ideal for Facebook Marketing. If you can’t find a discernible passion your audience has in common, they probably don’t “like” anything you can target cheaply enough.
Also, every niche is different, every business is different. As you may know with AdWords, two businesses targeting the same keywords can get dramatically different results because of their brand, offerings, and websites. It’s the same with Facebook Marketing.
Buy Targeted Facebook Fans